Hello, I am Yuki, an owner of the Japanese bonsai pots online store YUKIMONO.
When you travel in Japan for the first time, and come to Tokyo, I’m sure you will be filled with expectation that you should be able to see a lot of beautiful bonsai, or go to the many bonsai related stores here and there. I would be sorry if I disappointed you, but you will struggle to find bonsai places or stores in Tokyo.
If you have time on the Saturday or Sunday of your trip, I recommend you visit Ueno green club, known for it’s bonsai exhibition gallery. It was built in 1992, and has some stalls selling nursery trees and bonsai tools in the open air (The stalls are opened almost on the Saturday or Sunday).
上野グリーンクラブ 〒110-0007 東京都台東区上野公園3-42
The closest railway station is Nezu on the Chiyoda subway line or Ueno on the JR line. The following is the way to go to the club from Ueno station through Shinobazu park.
Now, let’s enjoy going there for a walk.
1. Get off the train at Uenostation and go out of Shinobazu gate. You should see a view like this.
2. Turn to the right and you will see a pedestrian crossing. Cross it.
3. Walk in the left direction. You will see some wide stairs to Ueno park, pass them.
4 Go down the stairs to Keisei Ueno Station.
5. Go straight and you should see more steps going up. Go up and go out of the station.
6. Cross the road, turn to the right and walk straight.
When you see the entrance to the park on the left side, turn to the left.
9. Soon you will see the fish-shaped statue on the left. It is a memorial statue for globefish.
10. Go to the right and you will see a boarding point.
|keep walking to the boarding point.|
|You will see these Koi almost out f water.|
11. Turn to the right and walk to the exit of the park.
Thank you for reading YUKIMONO blog post!